A couple weeks ago Greg and I took over the Le Creuset Instagram account with our rendition of a Mexican feast. Mexican is our absolute favorite type of food and there’s nothing better to compliment spicy food than an authentic tequila cocktail! Here’s the recipe we used to make our Paloma – it’s super easy, tasty and ever so refreshing! I’ve already parted ways with our Chipotle Chili Releno’s recipe – get it here – & trust me, this ones a real crowd pleaser! Actually they both are, serve the Paloma & Chilli’s together, serve them apart. Do whatever you want, just make sure you try them!
- 1 1/2 shots of Reposado Tequila (or any good quality Blanco)
- Juice of half a ruby grape fruit
- 1/2 shot of agave syrup or sugar syrup
- About 75ml club soda
- A squirt of fresh lime juice (optional)
- Mix the grapefruit juice, tequila and sugar syrup until well mixed.
- Pour over a tall glass filled with ice and top up with soda water. You could add a squirt of lime juice which is nice, and you could also rim the glass with salt.
- If you are wanting to reduce your sugar intake, simply leave the sugar out. Its less sweet but delicious.
- 1 shot = 25ml
- Reposado tequila means rested tequila (aged in oak for at least 2 months)
This amazing recipe is courtesy of one of my all time favorite food bloggers (she’s South African too) Drizzle and Dip by Sam Linsell. Her recipes are simple, inspiring & absolutely delicious – be sure to check her site out here.